Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Makenzie!

After 13 & 1/2 hours of labor at 2:04pm EDT on October 22, 2008 Makenzie Cathren Cox was born at Northside Hospital - Forsyth in Cumming, Georgia.

It all started at 12:30am with contractions occuring every 8-10 minutes. The contractions quickened to 5 minutes apart by 5am. At 8:30am Darryl & I headed to the doctor with contractions 4-5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute each. By 9am Darryl and I were checked in at the women's center at 4 centimeters dilation.

As the epidural took its effects, I was MUCH happier but the contractions began to slow. Around 12 noon the doctor ordered pitocin and by 1pm I was 10 centimeters dilated. That's when things changed dramatically.


Dr. Barrett did a quick check and Makenzie had flipped breach! An emergency caesarean section was ordered and off I went to the operating room. At 2:04pm Makenzie arrived!



2 comments:

Romano said...

Congratulations Darryl and Raegan! Makenzie is adorable (and what a cute name!) I look forward to checking out your blog and watching her grow!

Jamie said...

Welcome Makenzie!! You are beautiful!! Amazing, isn't it?? I am overwhelmed with joy for you guys (yes, tears in my eyes). I can't wait to meet her!